My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

TV is evil...

Or is it? Am I a terrible mom for letting my boys watch too much tv? Probably. Actually Luke just turned it off all by himself. That must be a miracle of miracles. I've read several articles that say how terrible it is for kids to watch television. It will cause them to have ADD or learning disabilities, or fill in the blank with whatever horrible thing you can think of. Yet my boys seem to be okay. Maybe it will come out in them later - all the horrible things tv has done to them - or maybe they'll be the smartest, best behaved kids you'll ever meet.

The tv's back on now. And off. And on. Luke's playing with the remote. Torturing his brother...a fun game in itself.

All I know is I want my boys to be perfect. Is that too much to ask? Yeah, I know it is, but I love them so much and want all the best for them without spoiling them. I want them to do well in school, have a wonderful social life, be athletic, and most importantly, have a relationship with God (not just religion). I guess that's where I come in. My role is to raise and guide my children in the direction I think they should go. So, I'll turn off the tv (after LazyTown is over) and do my job as a mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home