My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

By Myself

Brian's gone for a long weekend. So I'm at home with the boys by myself...I'm not looking forward to it. I swear I'm a terrible mom. Today has been a really bad day, and the weird thing about it is that nothing about it has really been bad. I guess I'm just in a bad mood. My grandma called right when I was leaving the house. I knew I shouldn't have answered it, but I did, and she talked my ear off for 20-25 minutes. AAAHHHHH!!!! "I have to go, Grandma," I wanted to say. But didn't. So the boys sat strapped in the van for the entire phone call, screaming at me. I guess that didn't help matters.

Then I took the van to get it washed and the oil changed so Brian could drive it down south for the trade show. It took a freakin' hour! The frustrating part was that no one was at the car wash when I got there...which was a good sign. But they changed the oil first, so by the time they finished that, there were about 6 other cars in front of me. So we waited. When that was done I took the van to Brian and he wasn't even there...which wasn't really a bad thing, except I had to get the boys tranferred from one vehicle to another, and get his bag into the van...and Luke is running around the back parking lot, and Paul has disappeared inside the shop. So I finally get Luke into the car, and call my mom from the parking lot and tell her to send Paul out to the car. How lazy is it when I can't even run into the shop to get my son!

After that we go to the park, and I realize as I'm half way there that I have forgotten to bring Shannon's stuff with me, even though I told her I was going to bring it. What a dork I am! Then we get to the park and it is freezing!!! I think we stayed for about 45 minutes which was about 40 minutes too long. And I'm constantly chasing Luke because he won't stay in the playground area. By this time, I am just mad, cold, and the boys won't stop talking.

Now I'm sitting at home. It's quiet...the boys are sleeping, and I think I might crawl into bed and go to sleep myself. I just needed to vent and unwind. I hate days like this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home