My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Waxing Nostalgic

Isn't it funny how things in the past seem so wonderful and nostalgic 16 years later? (Did I really say 16????) That's how long it's been since I graduated from high school. And in the past week I've had 3 different reminders of my high school days.

#1: On a homeschool message board I'm on, a guy I had Chemistry with my junior year posted. I verified it was him. I don't know if he remembered me...we weren't friends outside of class. It was just one of those people you connected with in class.

#2: Ran into a gal from my Singers group at Home Depot. She was a freshman and I was a senior. I recognized her, and she was totally shocked at how different I look. It's funny, but I don't think I look that different. But once I thought about it, I'm now a brunette, and I was wearing glasses instead of my contacts (which I always wore in high school). I probably did look really different. Anyway, she's much nicer than she was in high school. I always thought she was a little snooty. Maybe it was me that was snooty. A lot changes in 16 years.

#3: Saw my US History teacher at Office Depot. I didn't actually speak to him, but it was weird to have all these things happen in such a short time. Normally I don't see anyone from high school, even though I've lived here ever since. I didn't even go away to college. I just went to the Cal State in town.

So these 3 incidents just brought back a lot of memories, and makes me want to see all my friends again. It would be fun to have a reunion of just the people I hung out with. I think we'd have a great time. The bad part about this idea is that I don't even know how to get a hold of anyone from high school. It's funny how your life takes you in such completely different directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home