My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Antarctica Fever

Our homeschooling co-op has been studying continents for the past eight months or so...and we finished up this month with Antarctica. My friend and I were in charge of putting together this one. I didn't think it would be all that interesting, but it really was.

We didn't do major research - we just hit the highlights. Basically you have to fit all your information into a 2 hour time span. We had the kids create lapbooks with all of the pictures and facts about explorers, research stations, types of ice (did you know there are 6 different types of ice in Antarctica?), how you get there, what you wear, and animals that live there (very few!).

It was a lot of fun, but I am exhausted! I went to work this morning, so I could do co-op this afternoon. So basically I've been going nonstop all day. Now I know I shouldn't complain, because the majority of our population works all day, but I don't...and I'm not used to it at all. I feel like I could lay down and sleep till the morning. So I'll definitely sleep well tonight! I can't even type straight!!! I keep getting all my letter mixed up. I should leave it like I'm typing and see if you can figure it out!

Anyway, Brian's out of town again, but it has been a much better week this time! No freak outs on my part. And the dog is behaving herself. That's a blessing all by itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home