My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Okay, okay

I've really had a chance to get back to normalcy with Brian back home. But I'll tell you what happened to Paul that Tuesday. It seems so long ago, now.

A couple of Tuesdays ago, we went on a field trip with our homeschool group to the movie theater, which was a lot of fun. Afterward, the some of the moms were standing around talking, and the kids were running around, goofing off, and generally just playing. Well one of the boys tends to have a violent streak, and I saw him starting to rough house with Paul. So I went over, and firmly told him that that was unacceptable and not to mess with Paul. (The boy is 8, and Paul is 5.) It was fine, just kids being kids, and I did my job as a parent. Then a while later, a second little boy thought it would be funny to grab Paul's arms and hold them behind his back, because he didn't like the way Paul was swinging them around. Well the first little boy saw that boy #2 was holding Paul's arms, and saw that as an invitation to punch Paul in his side.

I LOST IT!!!!! I told both boys under no uncertain terms were they to ever touch my son again, and if they did, they would have me to deal with. And the second boy, who's a friend btw, was told that if he ever did anything like that again, that he would never play with Paul again.

At least my friend was supportive in what I did and she made her son (the friend) write a letter of apology to me and one to Paul, and punished him. I'm not sure what happened with the first boy. His mom apologized to me while we were there, but I never heard anything more about it from the boy.

After that though, I was basically an emotional basketcase the rest of the day. And I realize as I've written these past three posts that I sound like I'm emotional basketcase all the time. I'm not....really! It was just a bad week. And, (guys close your eyes) I was dealing with PMS which seemed to hit really hard this time, for whatever reason. So that was my Tuesday while Brian was gone. Things seemed to be better after that, and now things are back to normal...like I said earlier. Yeah!!!

Now here's my lesson I need to learn. Lean on God. I didn't do that at all. And if I had, I know my week would have been so much better. So if you see me write a post like that again, send me a note that says, "Remember the lesson you learned...lean on God!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home