My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Today I cried

I cried in front of the dentist today. I couldn't help it. I've been to the dentist three times this week. And every time I go, they keep telling me it's going to cost me more money. I have to get a crown on one of my teeth, and I knew that was going to cost some bucks - $1300. But I also had to get a major teeth cleaning - $95; an upcoming root planing (don't ask) which takes two different appointments to complete - $600; and oral surgery to remove a different tooth - $???.

Today, after I went in for the first step of getting my crown the dentist tells me that, basically, my gums aren't good enough for a crown. She has to do surgery...I just started crying. She asked what was wrong, and I said, I cannot afford this. It's too much. She felt very bad and then started back pedaling and telling me that I might not need it, she needs to see my gums after the inflammation goes down, and she might be able to do some simple procedure that she wouldn't even charge me for. I found out a few minutes later that if she does, in fact, have to perform the surgery it will cost me an additional $850. I'm kind of beginning to wonder if they're scamming me a little. I guess maybe tears can work to your benefit sometimes.

I am now praying, and asking God to heal my gums so that this procedure will not be necessary. I just don't want to have to afford all of this. It's not how I want to spend our money. The moral of the story is, if you're not going to the dentist because you just know your teeth are horrible...go anyway. Nip it in the bud, or it will start costing you serious moo-lah!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home