My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Living Stones

We've been watching a video series in our Bible study, and it has really hit home with me. I'm still not taking the action I need to, but I'm being convicted. And maybe by writing about it, I'll actually start doing something.

Last night the speaker talked about Living Stones (1 Peter 2:4-10). As Christians, we are all living stones. He spoke about God creating each one of us, as stones. He hones us and shapes us and places us right where he wants us in his temple. He is building us into his temple. All of us together become his temple, although we are each individual stones. We each have a job to do. Some of us may be beautiful, noticeable stones that people are attracted to. Others may be unseen, like a foundation. But their value is just as great. If there is no foundation, the building will crumble.

His question was, are you allowing God to shape, hone, and place you where he needs you? Or are you doing your own thing? He wants all of us to become one. Because if we can do that, then the world will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that he is God's son (John 17:20-23).

Now I need to starting listening to what God wants me to do. It's time to step out of my comfort zone and become a living stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home