My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A 3 year old...'nough said

Okay, for those of you who do not have children, I want to say that they are a blessing and they bring so much joy to our lives. For those who have very young (read less than one year) children, this is a warning!

Luke, my beloved 3 year old son, the love of my life, did something today that he was so proud of. He needed to go potty this morning (gotta love it once they're potty trained!) so I said go. And he went. Although after some time I realized he was taking quite a while and it was very quiet. Just as these thoughts were going through my mind, I heard the toilet flush and he came out with a huge smile on his face. So I thought to myself, he must have gone poop. That usually takes a while. But then he said, "Mommy, come see what I did!"

Uh-oh...the words that strike fear in the hearts of parents everywhere. I just thought to myself, he's proud of whatever he did. Don't get mad. Be prepared for the worst. The worst doesn't even prepare me for what was to come. I figured he had just played in the sink and had gotten water everywhere. Oh no, that would have been too clean. Too easy.

We walked into the bathroom, and he showed me his masterpiece. Kitty litter in the toilet. Not just regular kitty litter. The clumping kind. And the toilet was getting ready to overflow. Let's just say that in my mind I was freaking out, and screaming, and yelling. But on the outside, I got down to Luke's level and looked right into his eyes and calmly said, "Luke this is a no-no. This is very bad. You broke the toilet. Did you hear me? You broke the toilet. You can not put kitty litter in the toilet." He looked at me with his big blue eyes welling up with tears and asked, "Can we get a new one?"

Well, for the next, oh, I don't know, half hour to 45 minutes I scooped as much kitty litter out of the toilet as I could. It had gotten down into the hole, so I couldn't get it all out. But thank God for American Home Shield. $35 later, the plumber had come and snaked out the toilet. And it's a good thing he came when he did, because what I didn't realize is that the toilet had started to overflow again. There was water and kitty litter on the floor all around the toilet.

I think Luke has learned his lesson. Everytime I ask him if you can put kitty litter in the toilet he looks at me and says, "Noooooo, mommy." Good enough for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home