My Kids...My Life

A little about them...a little about me.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Where does the time go?

I guess I should write something so I can keep this blog alive! If I'm not careful, I'd let this thing go for months, which I did shortly after I started it. But I'm trying to blog once a week. It's a good start for me. I'm not much of a writer, but this is kind of fun.

So, today was a good day! It started out with us going to Paul's charter school for the last time...school's out! We didn't have anywork to turn in, because frankly, we did squat in May. Stacy asked me why I even bothered coming. I just said I thought he should have his 3rd Kindergarten evaluation. They evaluate them at the beginning, middle and end of the year. Paul is right on target with where a kindergartener should be. He didn't know the months of the year (he can do it if I prompt him, but they can't be prompted during the evaluation), or the Pledge of Allegiance. Hmmmm...I think he can survive without knowing the Pledge in Kindergarten.

After our meeting we went to Jamba Juice to celebrate. That was fun, because it was free! I had a gift card from our neighbors, because I cleaned up their house after it was TP'd while they were on vacation.

Then we went to the car wash, and got the oil changed. That took 1½ hours!!!! I was pretty darn mad by the time they were done. And there happened to be a manager by my car when they finished. So I asked how long it should have taken, and told him how long I'd been there. He said I should've been done in about 40 minutes. So, he kindly gave me a free car wash! It pays to complain politely sometimes. And yes, I was polite. I didn't scream or yell or swear (not that I swear normally, but you know...).

After work, we went to Paul's final t-ball game. He did great. He got an out, and hit a double! I'm so proud of him, because he has improved so much. After the game, they had a big BBQ and we all just hung out and talked while the kids played at the park. We didn't even get home until 9 pm! Once it was actually dark we decided it was time to get the kids home. That's why I love summer, you can just hang out and your kids can stay up later than usual because there is nothing but fun to be had!

Hope your day was a good as ours! Happy Summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home